Monday, July 6, 2009

Of Sunday dinners and Sunny Mondays...

Went to a quaint and modest little restaurant/grill yesterday called Big Brother in Padang Kota, near Giant.
This is what they usually do when they're hungry. :P

Dad and mom :D

I was expecting pretty typical food you'd expect from a nice grill but when the appetizers came (my dad ordered onion rings and tempura prawns) OMFG.
That's the onion rings

Would you look at the size of that?

and then the tempura prawns showed up....
0.0 about 30% of it was batter but the prawns were still damn huge.

Brian's dish came first:
He ordered the AU GRATIN CHICKEN CHARBROILED MUST-TRY
no, seriously. It was okay only la...it had a sauce which had a slightly funky sourish taste but it was pretty good.

My Char Broiled-Lamb Tower.
Not much of a tower is it? But it still tasted awesome. 2nd best dish of the night. The sauce is the shit (and I mean that in a good way)

Then the best dish of the night came- my mom's baked dory fish covered in special sauce.
Doesn't look that appetising, but my gosh, it was awesome. The sauce is seriously to die for and the dory was breaded and baked just nicely....best dish there in my book, next time I go, that's mine.
Dad had fish and chips and Basil and chicken chesse rice, both so-so only.
But I still didn't expect to find such a place which serves awesome food.
I noticed that they garnished all their dishes with paprika on the rim of the plates....
I wonder why....

Had no PJ today because of the career talk we had.
It answered some of my questions but it wasn't worth going through watching the senamrobik demonstration today.
If they really wanted us to keep fit, they would've let us play sports...=.=
Haiz, got maths tuition and piano tommorow....and Desmond's coming over...again.

Till the next post, au revoir.




I'm beginning to lose sight of that light.

No comments: