Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Fight for it.

Stringing these words together wasn't easy, so stick with me on this one okay?

Inspiration's hard to come by these days,
what with the economic downturn making everyone run around in dismay.
I remember there was a time when it just came to me,
like it had been there all the time right inside of me.





But this well's run dry,
waiting for some sort of revival not to pass it by.
I also remember a time,
when I could make almost anything rhyme.




But now all I feel is emptiness,
and no type of distraction can fill this hollowness.
All my life I've been searching,
at some points it felt like all my dreams were merging,
coming true.




But they all turned out to be hard-learned lessons,
trying teach me that what I searched for endlessly only existed in legends.
But I refuse to believe what I hear and see anymore,
Because if I've been searching so long for this elusive person,
maybe I can just wait a little while more.











Because its always darkest before dawn.

No comments: