Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Happiest day of my life.

My heart was racing.
I was stammering a little.
Okay maybe not a little.
A lot.

Never in my wildest dreams could I have realized someone like you would feel the same way about me.
Somehow I think I'm falling for you.
You're my missing card,
The piece that's been missing all this while.

Yet even though I think I'm falling for you,
There's a part of me that's holding back.
A part of me that's holding back my every being from showing you how much I feel for you.
I want that part of me to shut up.
To just realize what's standing right there in front of me is real.
To realize that you're probably the best thing to happen to me in a really long time.

My heart's somehow just bracing itself in case anything were to happen.
Maybe that's just a fail safe I somehow created a long time ago.
To prevent major breakdowns.
But as I think again.
Someone once said,

By realizing it can be lost, only then can you truly love it.

I wish you'd stay just a little longer.
But you can't.
So I tell myself now.
Instead of moping and being down about the time we can't spend together,
I should cherish every waking moment I spend with you.

Now I know I'm not losing my mind.
My heart's just opening itself up to you.


No comments: