Thursday, January 28, 2010

Rethinking.

Its been a while since I’ve posted like this. And this is probably the umpteenth time I’ve said this but believe it or not, its true. So just continue reading if you want la.

You all should know by know, the older we grow, in some ways we grow wiser, in others even more dumbfounded than before. We also grow stronger yet weaker at the same time. We learn to see things in a new light whilst we forget what it once was like to perceive the world when we were younger.

Its a little confusing, this “growing up”, and all the twist and turns that come with it. It would be so much easier if it came in a box all packed up, and with a small warning saying: “Some assembly required”, or in some cases, “Batteries sold separately”._MG_6100 Its been a long time since I took this shot. Not breathtaking, I know, but back then when I first saw it, I was amazed that I was capable of taking such a shot. I guess that’s what its like when you look at some things for the first time. Your perception’s in a way, unadulterated. Untouched, if you may. But now I let too many things get in the way of getting a good shot. For instance, whether or not my equipment or experience is sufficient enough.

So its been a while since I’ve gone out taking photos and actually enjoying it. Nowadays I just take photos for the sake of taking photos. And decided to take normal, run-of-the-mill shots that most people are happy with, like standing up in a group and all posing for the camera, people with fake smiles and what not.

But I don’t want that anymore.

I won’t settle for run-of-the-mill-shots anymore.
I want so much more than that.

I want to take shots that could actually make people open their mouths and say, “Wow.” Shots that will make people actually take time to look at rather than skim through.

So I’ll work hard. There’s no easy way to get there, but with hard work and determination I’ll get there.

Just like I won’t settle for run-of-the-mill shots, I won’t stop searching for that one girl who can make life worthwhile.

Maybe she’s searching too, maybe she’s lost.

Maybe she’s waiting, maybe she’s on hold.

Maybe she’s already been found, just not by me.

But what if, maybe, just maybe, by some off chance, I come across her, just in time to save me from becoming what the world wants me to be.

She’ll help with some of the assembling. And she’s definitely the batteries that are sold separately.

She’s out there, I know it. Maybe I overlooked her, I don’t know. But I do know, I just have to look harder._MG_6096Look hard enough, and you just might see a heart there.

1 comment:

Kathlynn said...

come, lets go take WOW! shots one of these weekends. call b.lau along..... need to practise camera skills