Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A reunion. Of sorts.

Having worked on New Year’s Eve till about 2 in the morning, I was pretty tired the next day.

But I still made an effort to go out and meet up with an old friend of mine, Annabel Kok. Its been ages since we last saw each other and we go way back, since we were babies.

Leaves me wondering a little why we didn’t keep in contact most of the time. I guess it was just the fact that we came from different schools, stayed in different places, and had next to a zero chance of running in to each other. But we made it a point to meet up again after a while since it was the post-SPM period, so 1 Utama was the place to go – apparently.IMG_1384 It was good seeing her again, only problem was getting her to smile for the camera. So we had a little trouble deciding what to do, where to go, whether we were hungry or not, and what to talk about. We chose hunger first.IMG_1388 And guess where we went for lunch.

I’ve forgotten what it was like going to Carl Jr’s, because the last time I had a bite there, it was because Sherwin couldn’t finish his Grilled Chicken Sandwich. Don’t judge me, I have been known to be called Alam Flora and/or DBKL on several occasions. But my goodness, was it awesome. IMG_1395 I relived that experience when I took the first bite of my burger: The Famous Star with Cheese it was like watching How I Met Your Mother in that one episode where the main cast went to great lengths for a burger, and when they finally took the first bite of that burger, they made it seem so *what’s the proper, polite, acceptable word I’m looking for?* appealing, appetizing, bah screw it, they made eating a burger look orgasmic. There I said it.

Diving head first into my burger felt like that. Okay maybe not exactly like that, but it was similar. IMG_1394 And don’t get me started on the Chilli Fries Annabel ordered. Two words, AWE-SOME. But truth be told, you can get sick of it if you eat it on a regular basis. Which is EXACTLY WHY CARL JR’S IS A ONCE IN A WHILE THING. It keeps things awesome.IMG_1389 Sorry it took so long Annie, but the pics are finally up. Dam lz to post them on fb la.

She had a RM50 voucher for any Apple products at Machines*yep, Cher Haow and Eric no likey* And she wanted to show it off, for some apparent reason.IMG_1391IMG_1392Dam stone the guy in the background O.=

So we were basically hanging out around One Utama, walking around aimlessly, waiting for Brandon Lau to show up cos he and I were headed for Shayne’s Christmas party later.

So while we were aimlessly wandering about, we stumbled on some Digi roadshow where there were games like Guitar Hero for us to play. IMG_1397 Some kids who were practically clueless about what they were playing, just simply button mashing and hitting the drums like no one’s business, were hogging the game. So it pissed off Annabel. A little.

Okay maybe up to the point where she wanted to push the kid off the drum set.

Would’ve been interesting to watch. Kid gets pushed down by a 17-going-on-18-year-old girl, mom present, all brothers there, at the centre of attention, everyone looking, me with my camera at hand, ahhhh. Would’ve been epic. But it didn’t happen ==.IMG_1399We waited our turn like good little boys and girls did. But it was worth the wait la. Guitar Hero’s just plain awesome la. Just look at Annie’s face LOL IMG_1400Yea some random kid started playing with me too. I miss playing this game so much, I really didn’t care who I was playing the game with, as long as I got to play XDIMG_1401

IMG_1405I think we hung around there, still playing Guitar Hero for a good hour. There seriously was nothing else to do that day. Not enough money to watch movie, too bored to stay in Carl Jr’s, too lazy to wander around the mall anymore.

By the time Lau made it, it was a little hard to pry us away from the PS3, but we managed to anyway. And then we started wandering around the mall. EVEN MORE. And then Annie’s feet started to hurt. Very badly. Because of her flats. So we had to follow her from the New Wing all the way to some sports store in the old wing to get her a pair of sports shoes. I know what you’re thinking, but she was planning to get a pair anyway in the first place. IMG_1414 IMG_1426 Several shoes and painful try-ons later, she picks a pair *pft, women.*

IMG_1431So we walk around a bit more, Lau steals my lens cap cos of his sheer dislike for Canon products == IMG_1435And we walked till we couldn’t walk no more, and I was bored to the extent that I took this pic.

We had plenty of time to kill as Annie wasn’t leaving till about 6 or 7, and Shayne’s New Year’s party wasn’t starting till around that time. Plus, a movie was never in our agenda. So we filled in our time with pointless wandering and photography.

IMG_1438 Lau emoing.IMG_1441 Lau happy-ing.IMG_1440 I still think she’s going to kill me, seeing as it took me over a month to post this.

We still had over 30 minutes to kill so we hit the arcade.IMG_1450Actually it was more like Lau was hitting the arcade rather than me and Annie.

With whatever time we had left, we went to go take photos of some car show at the centre court.IMG_1462IMG_1473IMG_1464IMG_1480IMG_1454It was fun, considering the fact that we got into a few cars and honked some horns. Yes we did. Oh yea. XD

All in all, it was a pretty fun day, getting to see Annabel again after so long and hanging out with Lau. Looking back its actually been a while since I’ve last spoken to Annabel. I still have some money of hers with me O.O Annie, if you’re reading this CALL ME IF YOU STILL WANT YOUR MONEY. If not, it shall be put to good use. =D

Next post: Shayne’s New Year’s Party!

Till then, Au Revoir, readers

No comments: