Monday, October 19, 2009

Not as epic, but still fun.

Its been some time since I posted something up, mainly because I’ve just been dam lazy to edit photos so here they are anyways.

About two Fridays back, I went over to Eric’s place after tuition to stay over as we were going for the Canon Camerathon the next day at Sunway Lagoon. Oh yea, going to try to cut down on single posts with many photos, so instead going to try out many posts with not so many photos. Heh.

001 We were prepping our gear for the next day. Eric’s worked out to be about 6 kilos, minus spare clothes and food, and tripod. Mine was about 2kgs plus? Prepping our gear was like Spec Ops prepping their weapons before operations….sorry…been playing too many military games lately lol :P

Didn’t take that many photos in Eric’s house, was a little tired. Oh yea, and the coldest place in TTDI isn’t some freezer or something, its in Eric Goh’s room. lol. Woke up the next morning like the heroes we are at about 6.00 and got ready for the day. Got there around 7-ish, registered ourselves and had to walk down the elephant walk which was at some points 45 degrees, which was no fun running down with all the gear we had.

007 012

By the time we got there, we got an small idea of how big the crowd was and what type of gear they were carrying. Lol Eric got intimidated by the number of Mark II’s and lenses he saw. Forget Eric, people used 350D’s (my cam’s model) as spare cams…..=.=

Joee and Chen were supposed to show up a little earlier, but they didn’t really miss anything….Eric and I went to the amphitheatre where everyone was waiting:018 023 029I was only taking photos of half the amphitheatre, so yea you can guess how big it was 0.0039The girls showed up with Chen’s sis though she had to leave early, so we chilled where we were whilst they were telling us rules and regulations, the themes of the photos we were going to take. There were 3 themes. The 1st, Splash, the 2nd, Red, and the 3rd, Shooting in Progress.052Then the entire amphitheatre started to move when they officially launched the event. It was like a friggin’ Red Army. 053My right foot’s companion for the day. I think I’ll call him…..Red.

Walked a little further up the amphitheatre and took a few pics from there:055 057 059 061 065 069 Headed for Surf Beach and set up shop there081 085 The girls played around with our cams whilst we set up our tripods in the water 139119 Lol this uncle was taking a nap whilst everyone else was busy looking for shots

128Had an idea for the 2nd theme, whaddya think?148

Eric had an idea for the first theme. So we bought water for the girls only to throw the bottles into the water. Lol

Used Eric’s zoom lens for some of the pics I took. At first they didn’t allow us on the suspension bridge but later in the day people went there by the boatloads…..lol joee and yihling didn’t want to go on it 207 212

Oh yea there was some photoshoot going on too

224 239 242 247 249 275 304 308 323 333 451 459 490 494 526 536 553 560

It was a pretty fun-filled day, full of walking, oh yea I got to race on the go-karts with Eric! Hadn’t had that much fun in a while. Sorry la folks for the lack of captions and descriptions, just been a little busy and no mood lately….SPM screws things up. But I 100% assure you things’ll look up after all the papers are over!

The following week, after Maths tuition, Desmond and Wei Lun followed me out to go pass some things to Eric and to help me look for something I’ve been meaning to get to give to someone special for a long time.

585

Lol I don’t see how they could smile in the heat man =.=

600

Coming from the library, we came across this van with a punctured tyre….so it was pretty random, just took a shot of it.

603

Went to 7-11 so Wei Lun could get a Slurpee…they were having this contest or something so decided to take a pic, didn’t submit it in the end lol. Thanks guys for following me all around that day, don’t know what I’d do without you

608

After Desmond and I came back from our unfruitful search, his mom came to pick him up from my house. I just had to take a picture. lol

words begin to leave me as all I’m left with is memories of you.

No comments: