Friday, March 26, 2010

Dreams came true. =D

These past two months have been all about saving up to buy stuff that me and my bro have always dreamed of having. Okay maybe not dreamed la, but we’ve been planning to get a Guitar Hero set ever since we first saw the damn thing. Chinese New Year passed by and after some proper planning and bargaining:IMG_3162Say hello to the Twins,IMG_3163and Drumkit.

Ruffles was a little interested at first, seeing a few pieces of metal and plastic taller than him being put up. But after a while he just plain lost interest and started doing this:IMG_3165

We got two games:IMG_3169IMG_3172Awesome man. But the coming of Brian’s and my Guitar Hero set was potong-ed a bit by the fact that it also came along with a microphone, and my mom and family friend wanted to sing along to Don Maclean’s American Pie. Worst 7 minutes of my life.

Here’s a few more shots of Drumkit and the Twins:IMG_3171IMG_3174 IMG_3175Sadly, I’ve been busy getting a lot of stuff sorted out like work, starting college, and other stuff, which sorta left me with little time to play at all == I haven’t even finished Assassin’s Creed 2 yet. WHAIIIIIIIIIIIII

Anyway, after much looking around, research, planning, saving up, and I must add, plenty of grumbling from mom:IMG_3530I FINALLY GOT IT.  IMG_3533 No regrets getting this lens. Finally have a portrait lens =D Next objective, by probably next CNY, ZOOM LENS X)

This lens and the 25-80mm should be adequate this coming Saturday when I go to take photos at Earth Hour 2010: Battle of The Bands at Sunway Pyramid.

Call me an opportunist la, but just thought I’d help out a friend by advertising a little on this blog18867_304194493286_582203286_3331755_7670885_nThey’re going to have bands like One Red Paperclip, WENEEDANAME, Wanted Symphony, and Once Upon A Time There Was A Sausage Named Bob. Last name a bit random, but according to Cher Haow, all of them sounded pretty awesome, so I’m hoping and guessing this Saturday’s pretty awesome.

There’s also going to be guest performances by indie bands like An Honest Mistake. Well technically speaking, everyone performing is from an indie band, or is just plain indie la. But go for it la people, this is a great way to start appreciating our local bandscene. And no, their music won’t be available on the internet any time soon. That’s not the way it works for our local music. Hopefully it doesn’t come to that. Anyway, turn of all your lights at home before you come out and join hundreds of others to make a stand against global warming and rock the night away after!

 

 

So once again, till the next post readers,

Au revoir

No comments: