Friday, August 13, 2010

Penang. FINALLY.

Day 1

The more I think about it, the more I realise how fast time passes by. My term break ended over a month ago and it only feels like it was just yesterday. Thanks to Gwen and Co., most of group 5 had the chance to go to Penang during the last half of our term break. The entire trip was pretty fun and epic at some parts. I’d like to tell you EVERYTHING that happened, but I’ll let the photos do most of the talking =D

IMG_7267 Black and white. XD

IMG_7270IMG_7272 IMG_7276 The trip was about 4 hours to get from 1U to some mall near Komtar, so we took the opportunity to catch up on some Z’s, because Nick, Dev and me had been awake since 10 in the morning the day before. We watched the world cup final at 1U and we didn’t exactly have a lot of time to sleep when we got back to my place.

IMG_7296 It had been a while since I came to the land of char kuay teow and cendol.

Took us a while to reach the apartment we were going to stay in, and my bladder was bursting at the seams during more than one occasion. Didn’t really take photos of the place, it was not THAT nice la. And that’s all I’ll say about it =D (Gwen don’t kill me)

IMG_7298 Fort Cornwallis was our first tourist stop, but like, it was closed by the time we got there (which was at about 6?) But that didn’t stop us from just walking around and appreciating Penang.

IMG_7300IMG_7317 IMG_7321 Jumpshot fail. Anish Dev WIN. MAAI BROSKIE IS FLOATING

IMG_7323IMG_7336 IMG_7341IMG_7344IMG_7353 IMG_7365IMG_7369IMG_7373 If you look closely, it sorta resembles a wing

We hit the famous Penang roadside hawkers (IFORGOTTHENAMEOFTHEPLACEFARK) later that night with empty stomachs. 3 words:

CHINESE FOOD HEAVEN.

IMG_7376IMG_7377IMG_7378 IMG_7382IMG_7388IMG_7384IMG_7386IMG_7389 IMG_7394IMG_7395IMG_7391IMG_7390At that point it didn’t matter to me that I had sore throat (and with every swallow I took, it felt like a handful of nails were going down my throat) I just whacked everything within reach. The rest of the group too XD I just wish we had more time to try more of the food they had to offer.

So that’s about it for the first day, more to come soon la =D

Sometimes we forget what we’re fighting for.IMG_7326

Then someone comes along to remind you what exactly it is.

No comments: