Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sometimes you gotta wonder

Here’s the part where I put in little bits and pieces of writing in between and amidst all the photos and captions. And its probably where I squeeze in a photo somewhere at the end.

Sometimes I wonder why I put myself in situations like this.

Sometimes I wonder whether or not its worth going through all the stress, the pain and anguish, everything.

I got the band, competitions, college, church, home, assignments, amongst other things to juggle.

All this and I know its only a fraction of the stress my parents must experience. Which leaves me to wonder whether or not I’ll be ready to face the stress they do when I get to their age.

Maybe there’s something waiting for me at the finish line.

Maybe it won’t be prize money, accreditations, presents or event good grades.

Maybe it won’t be something material.

Maybe it might be someone.

I know I’ve made mistakes. I feel like a fool now.

It feels like I’ve lost my team the World Cup.

Maybe its all part and parcel of the learning process.

Maybe I just need to invest more time and effort into it.

Maybe I should stop using the word “maybe”.

Perhaps I just need to wait a little longer.

 

Remember I said that there might be someone waiting for me at that finish line?IMG_1074Here’s hoping its you.