Sunday, July 4, 2010

That’s some way to start the month.

IMG_6870IMG_6860IMG_6859 They were giving out free sushi to the first 100 customers. You can’t blame me.

In case you’re wondering, the other two boxes are my friends’:IMG_6871See?

It was the last day of our first term and most of us were supposed to go out and celebrate, but……………my car died on me. Again. Many thanks to Nicholas and DEVMAIBROSKIES for helping me to push-start the car. In the end I had to drive ol’ 4428 back home. The reason my car batt died was an epic failure. Don’t want to talk about it. I might get burned over and over and over again if Nicholas reads this.

IMG_6874 Bumped into Chen, Chin Wern and Junlynn. CHENNN MANY STRESS WHAII LA CHEN WHAI????

Because I had no more class or anything to hand up before the term ended, I spent that beautiful Friday sleeping in and finally finishing up Darksiders.Darksiders001Epic shit. Can’t wait for the next game to come out.

Went out for a bit with Sherwin and Cv to honour our lunchtime tradition but had to cut it short because I was following my mom to Pn. Norsham(My ex-school’s principal)’s house for her daughter’s kenduri.IMG_6877The second my dad parked the car, I saw Pn Ho (my Moral teacher) and a couple other teachers but I was caught of guard, and of all the times to forget a teacher’s name, that was the worst. The conversation went as follows:

“Hi teacher!”, “Hi! What are you doing here?”, “Oh my mom knows Pn. Norsham.” “Oh, okay take care ar, bye!”

I guess the feelings were mutual. Made me feel a little guilty and sad at the same time as to how I forgot Pn Ho’s name, of how Chin Wern, Cal and me used to say “Santa’s coming!” whenever we were goofing off in class and she suddenly returned. Sad too because she forgot my name. But I can’t really blame her.IMG_6895 IMG_6898 There wasn’t much to take photos of, not even the food, which probably had too much seasoning inside (which most likely contributed to my triple-trip to the throne later that night). And already I was getting bored out of my wits because I knew no one there save for Pn Norsham, my parents, and my younger bro.

UNTIL:IMG_6905I saw PN ANNE, PN SHARLINIE, AND PN SHAMA THERE. From left to right: Idon’tknowhisnamehenevertaughtme, PN ANNE, PN SHAMA. Back row: PN SHARLINIE AAAAAAAAAAAND Irememberhernamebutiforgottoo,ididnttakeaddmathssosueme.

Pn Shanthi was actually there too, but I missed out on the opportunity to snap a photo. I saw Pn Chang there too, but she was sticking to the other teachers that were there. It was pretty nostalgic seeing two of my old English teachers there. It was like seeing an old friend again. But the weird thing is, I only remember teachers who have either scolded some sense into me, or have made an impact on me while was in school. Take for instance my English teachers. They were always the best people you could talk to in class, or joke with no matter what, but at the same time they were also some of the fiercest teachers around. I remember English being the ONLY class I never fell asleep in, no matter how tired I was. It was also the ONLY class in which I passed up everything on time. I had to, I was the AJK for the subject. I STILL HAVE MY FIRST ESSAY HOMEWORK FROM FORM 4 WHERE PN ANNE GAVE AWESOME FEEDBACK. SHE SAID I HAVE A FLAIR FOR WRITING AND SHE LOVED MY TRAIL OF THOUGHTS.

I miss school.

I think I’ll pay a visit to Pn Anne and Pn Sharlinie in school soon.

IMG_6919IMG_6920 The bride-to-be had quite a lot of flowers

IMG_6924 And quite a few gifts, but they were all on lined up on a fancy floormat and I couldn’t get a proper angle without posing weird in front of everyone in the house.

IMG_6934Took one last photo, said our goodbyes, and left. Long before that, Pn Anne and the other teachers had already left.

THE NEXT DAY:

IMG_6940 WE TOOK SI THO OUT FOR LUNCH. AND DINNER. AND A MOVIE.

It was fun hanging out with her again, and it was sorta retribution for me seeing as I was unaware of her leaving for Australia to study (I WAS WORKING LA).

Picked up noobie, joee, and her cousin, and met up with chen at sunway giza. Seeing as none of us had a plan, we ended up at some japanese restaurant, Ichiban Boshi. Wallet pain. Oh yea, and on the way there I bumped into Choon Hon on the road (No, not literally) and we had a mini-race. =DIMG_6944 IMG_6947IMG_6990 IMG_6949IMG_6950 IMG_6951IMG_6957IMG_6962IMG_6964With some fortunate stroke of luck, actually it was more of the waiter’s mistake, we strangely ended up paying only for the drinks and joee’s sashimi rice set. They forgot to charge us for the sushi. O.O

Joee and her cous had to split because they had something else on that night. In the end it was only me, Cv, Si Tho and Chen. We made our way to OU, got tickets to a show, and hastily made our way to dinner. Met up with Keamsunn and Jie Lin at Italiannies.IMG_7004IMG_7005IMG_7006 Any meal can be fun I guess, when you have it with the right friends =D

IMG_7016IMG_7021IMG_7022IMG_7026 IMG_7029IMG_7030IMG_7032IMG_7042IMG_7040 IMG_7044IMG_7046IMG_7047Chen’s rissoto came half-an hour late and it sucked balls. Italiannies, you fail.

IMG_7049But like I said, any meal can be made special with the right company. =D

IMG_7055

Me, Cv, chen and Si Tho watched She’s Outta My League.shes_out_of_my_league_ver2 Epic funny shit. A word to the wise, watch it with you friends, NOT your family members. We all laughed our assess off.

After all was said and done, Chen had to leave, but Si Tho and Cv stuck with me as I headed to my cousin’s place for a young adult’s cell and to watch the Germany-Argentina match. Curried sausages, tough-to-chew lamb and indian poker was involved during half-time. =DIMG_7056 Before it turned 12, we had to leave so we said our goodbyes and I dropped Cv and Si Tho home. And I pretty much stoned the rest of the drive back home. But while stoning I was sort of reflecting on the time I’ve spent with the people I care about. The more I think about it, the more I begin to realise that once I enter the working world, outings and times like these will be far between each other. So I appreciate the time I spend with the ones I care about.

Si Tho’s going back to Aus on thursday. I wonder if we can see her off.IMG_6942 Hopefully that can be arranged. =D

Si seulement vous saviez. Pas qu'il changerait n'importe quoi.

Until the next post readers, Au Revoir.

No comments: